Re: Large text files - no line numbers ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Large text files - no line numbers ?
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 17:22:55 +0200

> Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 09:44:21 -0500
> From: jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com>
>
> On Wed, 04 Dec 2019 17:31:07 +0200
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > There's also line-number-display-limit-width, for when the file has
> > long lines.
>
> It looks as if the bookmark functionality (C-x r m) is unaffected by
> this setting and will simply behave wrongly no matter and is thus
> useless in this case.

Sorry, I don't understand.  What do you mean by "unaffected", and what
do you mean by "behave wrongly"?

All I was saying was that sometimes one sees L?? in the mode line
because the lines are too long, not because there are too many lines.
When the reason is the line length, you need to customize
line-number-display-limit-width, not line-number-display-limit.

How is this related to bookmarks?