Re: Four questions about ediff

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Four questions about ediff
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 03:26:52 +0100

jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com> writes:

> I found ztree which is a much better way to go about making directory
> diffs that the default ediff.

There is also dircmp.  It uses rsync for directory comparison.  I guess
that makes it quite fast, but that means comparison is not under control
of Emacs.

I think it still offers most of what you want.  Filters are not
supported, but I guess that could be added.

I also think that it would be nice to improve Ediff in this regard.
Personally I don't like to hack Ediff, though, it was always not nice
when I tried that.

Michael.