Re: Temporary notes in Emacs buffers?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: Temporary notes in Emacs buffers?
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 17:48:40 +0000

> Hi all,
>
> I've been wondering if there is some package which could let me make
> "temporary notes" in Emacs buffers, similar to (but different than) the
> "yellow notes" in some pdf viewers.
>
> My use case is that I'm making a sweeping change across a pretty large
> codebase, and I'd like to make some notes in places I've already visited
> / ones I need to change / etc.

Would 'side-notes' from elpa help? Its a buffer that opens up to the
side of your main buffer, in which you can record all sorts of stuff,
its up to you what you use it for. Then you could just put something
like [1] in the file that you are reviewing and a similar [1] in your
side-note with whatever comment you'd like to make. Its your choice.

To save putting a mark in your main file, you could just use
line-numbers, just as an off-the-cuff thought?

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 10.1, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 26.3, org 9.3