Re: use-default-font-for-symbols vs. emojis

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: use-default-font-for-symbols vs. emojis
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 17:14:50 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Kévin Le Gouguec <kevin.legouguec@gmail.com>
>> Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 00:40:00 +0100
>>
>> >                                               it was with U+2699, for
>> > which I see no reason to use a font different from the default, except
>> > in exceptional cases (for which you have that variable).
>>
>> In my case, the reason is as trivial as "it wooks pwetty".
>
> Then there's an alternative: change your default font.

Mmm… if you mean "use Noto Color Emoji as the font family for the
default face", the results are… somewhat less "pwetty".  Also quite
unusable.

(DejaVu Sans Mono on the left; Noto Color Emoji on the right.)

Apologies if you meant something else…

Anyway, I'm happy with the following:

(I'll stop prepending Symbola to fontset-default since fontset.el
already includes it.)