Re: Backticks are not rendered with Lekton font

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: Re: Backticks are not rendered with Lekton font
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 14:30:06 -0000

Max Filenko <contact@filenko.ms> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> When using Lekton font (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Lekton)
> backticks (`) are not rendered at all.
>
> The problem seems to be OS-agnostic as it persists for me both on
> GNU/Linux and Apple macOS.
>
> Does anyone else experience this problem and maybe know how to solve it?

Experminenting on the google page that hosts it, in the 'Type here to preview
text' section, Lekton only supports backticks in italics mode....

I think, without digging in farther, the pertinent clue is in the text on the
right hand side of the browser...

"Updated in November 2012: As one of the earlier families published in Google
Web Fonts, Lekton lacked proper subsetting, so this update introduces a
default 'latin' subset that contains less characters but loads faster. To use
the full character set, update your API link to include the latin-ext subset."