Re: Two questions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Two questions
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 19:45:21 +0200

> From: Perry Smith <pedz@easesoftware.com>
> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 11:26:54 -0600
>
> Q1: When is this scheduled for release so I can stop using the nightly build?
>  (Mostly just curious.  The nightly is working ok.)

No idea.  The pretest of Emacs 27 should start shortly.

> Q2: I just had emacs die on my Mac.  Just *poof* and its gone with the
> message "if I want to restart ...".  Should I try and send this information
> into the maintainers and if so, how would I do that?  What files will be
> useful to them?  Do I send it to the EmacsForMac guys or the GNU emacs guys?

Use the "M-x report-emacs-bug" command to collect and report all the
details you can gather about this, and send the report via email to
the address generated by the command.

You could try looking in the system logs for information that could
help investigate the problem.  Modern systems generally have some
facility of saving important information about any application
crashes, but the details depend on the OS, and I don't use macOS, so I
cannot tell you the details of where that information is on that OS.