Re: 26.3, 28; Set Default Font... CMU Typewriter Text

From: VanL
Subject: Re: 26.3, 28; Set Default Font... CMU Typewriter Text
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 13:23:54 +1100

>>> (custom-set-faces
>>>  '(default ((t (:background "gainsboro" :foreground "black" :height
>>> 201 :family "CMU Typewriter Text" :foundry "nil" :slant normal
>>> :weight light :width normal))))...
>>
>> With this, I see no reason for you to mess with Emacs.FontBackend in
>> .Xdefaults.

Commenting out the line from .Xdefaults as

  !Emacs.FontBackend: ftcrhb,xft,x

has the effect of

  : % emacs &
  : % libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
  : libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

that results in all the X fonts from the remotely run emacs being chunky
ugly, again.

The fonts look how they ought to be having in the .Xdefaults

  Emacs.FontBackend: ftcrhb,xft,x