Re: No Help Window from *Packages* - No Package Specified Error

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: No Help Window from *Packages* - No Package Specified Error
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:25:02 -0900

On 2/18/20 4:23 PM, Drew Adams wrote:
Continuing to backtrace from el-get-methods to that module's
dependencies, I got to el-get-elp and find that when the following
expression at

or about line 17 of el-get.el
(require 'package nil t)

is executed, the error occurs. :) - it's that darn 'package package again.
I don't see how that sexp would cause a problem.
If package.el(c) is already loaded then that
does nothing.  And if it can't be loaded it
also does nothing (no error).  Maybe the cause
is nearby?

Anyway, consider reporting what you've found
as a bug: `M-x report-emacs-bug), providing
a more or less minimal step-by-step recipe
to repro it, starting from `emacs -Q'.  Thx.
Will do. Thank you.

--
Tim
tj49.com