Re: Maintenance of *info* documentation of Emacs/Elisp

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Maintenance of *info* documentation of Emacs/Elisp
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 01:58:56 +0100

Greg Hill wrote:

> Thank you, Drew, but I tried reporting my
> problems with documentation like that as
> a "bug" first, got a reply from Steve Berman
> (actually we exchanged several emails, and he
> helped me out a lot with answers to a number
> of other non- "bug" questions I had while we
> were at it), and my understanding of what he
> told me about my suggestions re: improving
> the documentation was that he couldn't really
> help me with that, so I should probably take
> it to help-gnu-emacs.

The formally correct method to suggest
a hands-on improvement to Emacs documentation
is `report-emacs-bug', if you want to bring it
up on a mailing list, while it is certainly not
off topic here, probably it is better still to
bring it up at gmane.emacs.devel/emacs-devel
<emacs-devel@gnu.org>

--
underground experts united