Re: Compiled vs. interpreted ERT test

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Compiled vs. interpreted ERT test
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 20:48:02 -0500

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 17:19, Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I opened an issue on the package's Github page but the maintainer
> says he doesn't know how to debug this.[2] So I'm coming here in
> the hopes someone has an idea or a suggestion how to debug this.

I'm not really sure, but it could help to reduce the example a bit.
Neither ert nor ebib are necessary to trigger this:

    (defun foo ()
      (with-simulated-input "RET"
        "xxx"))
    (byte-compile 'foo)
    (foo)

I guess the problem lies in some of the tricks with-simulated-input is
playing with closures and environments and such.