Re: x-clipboard-yank insert kill-ring entry instead of primary selection

From: mickbert
Subject: Re: x-clipboard-yank insert kill-ring entry instead of primary selection
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 10:57:00 +0100

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:31:07 +0100

I suggest to read the section "Selection changes" in NEWS, it explains
what has changed in this area and how to customize Emacs to get back
the old pre-Emacs 24 behavior.

I read it all, and now I have clearer image of the "copy/paste universe", but
I can not find anything helpful yet - that is, a command to yank from
primary selection, other than mouse-yank-primary (which can only be
bound to mouse event).

even searching for command matching *select* or *primary* does not
give any interesting result. Is it possible that there is not any command
to yank from primary selection?
--
Mick