Re: eldoc-mode can't enabled in sql-mode

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: eldoc-mode can't enabled in sql-mode
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 17:10:16 +0100

On Sat, 07 Mar 2020 21:41:21 +0800
stardiviner wrote:

> I found I can't enable "eldoc-mode" in "sql-mode". No matter how I enable it
> with [M-x eldoc-mode] or [M-: (eldoc-mode)] or (turn-on-eldoc-mode).
>
> I only got this message output:
>
> There is no ElDoc support in this buffer
>
> What's the problem?

As the message says: ElDoc needs some support to function, and sql-mode
does not provide it. The support involves modifying the value of
'eldoc-documentation-function', or, since Emacs 28,
'eldoc-documentation-functions'.

Adding such support is typically very easy if it makes sense for a mode.
You might try your hand at it yourself, I'm sure a patch would be
welcome.

--
Štěpán