authentication failed error

From: Howard Trachtman
Subject: authentication failed error
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 15:06:38 -0400

i searchd the archives for authentication failed and didnt' see this issue.

I used to work with rms at MIT. really stuck with this problem, mit tech
support couldn't figure it out

I am using GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21) of
2017-09-22, modified by Debian
on athena at MIT.

I was locked out of my account and my password was reset on Monday.

Now, I can no longer send emails from emacs, I get this error:
Sending failed: 535 5.7.0 authentication failed in response to
aGR0MjAxMkRERA==

Tried editing and deleting .emacs file but that didn't work.

any suggetions would be appreciated.

hdt@mit.edu
781 642 0368