^L printed when resizing Emacs split window using ksh93

From: Nicholas Papadonis
Subject: ^L printed when resizing Emacs split window using ksh93
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:32:18 -0400

I have attached a screen shot of the issue.  The issue occurs when Emacs is
in split window mode, X session and M-x shell is invoked.  The shell is
ksh93.

Screenshot of issue:
http://nickpapadonis.com/images-share/emacs-ksh-0.png

PS2 is printed multiple times during the resize.  When entered is pressed
after the resize, multiple ^L s are displayed.  I set PS2="" and the
brackets are omitted, however ^L still remain after pressing enter.

Is this a known issue?  I have CC'd KSH list in case the problem is on the
ksh93 side.

Thanks

Emacs 26.1 build 2.

1 [debian:~]$ echo $0
-ksh93
2 [debian:~]$ ksh93 --version
  version         sh (AT&T Research) 93u+ 2012-08-01
3 [debian:~]$ echo ${.sh.version}
Version AJM 93u+ 2012-08-01