Re: gnus nnml/nnimap-split-fancy

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: gnus nnml/nnimap-split-fancy
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 13:14:48 -0400

Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk> writes:

> Is there a way to get either nnml or nnimap split across backends?

Not that I know of, but I too would love to be able to split across
backends, e.g. from one nnimap backend to another, or from an nnimap
backend to an nnfolder one perhaps.

[...]

> Finally, with nnimap splitting, the default group is "bogus". How I
> specific "don't do anything with the message, but leave it where it
> is"?

I manually specify the name of the inbox like so:

(nnimap "gnu"
        ;; [...]
        (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
        (nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
        (nnimap-split-fancy (|
                             ;; [...]
                             ;; otherwise, leave mail in INBOX
                             "INBOX")))