Re: Bookmarks in EWW

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Bookmarks in EWW
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 21:41:41 +0100

> Hi all,
>
> I have just noticed that Emacs bookmarks do not work in EWW (which has
> its own bookmarks).  Is there a way to use Emacs bookmarks with EWW
> (other than bookmark+, which is too heavy for me)?

Seems like `bookmark-make-record-function' is there to implement things
like this.  Several Emacs modes use it to provide bookmarks (Info,
doc-view, etc).  Haven't tried but looks promising.  Bookmarks can have
a `handler' field to implement non-standard behavior.  Your
`bookmark-make-record-function' should return an according record using
an eww handler you want to write.  Look how the other modes do it.

Michael.