Wierd usage of font in emacs

From: Bastien Durel
Subject: Wierd usage of font in emacs
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 11:16:20 +0100

Hello.

Since a few days (maybe a week), emacs under Xorg on my session uses
twice as much space it should for every character, filling space with
blank.

Here is a screenshot :
https://corrin.geekwu.org/owncloud/index.php/s/D9aQnZ8pyTCALcS/preview

The system font for fixed case is defined as inconsolata-12.
If I run emacs with another font, for example by running
$ emacs -fn "DejaVu Sans Mono-12"
the fonts are displayed correctly (but using another font), running
emacs -fn "inconsolata-12" displays the weird behaviour.

I'm using emacs 26.3-1, ttf-inconsolata 1:3.000-1, xorg-server 1.20.7-1
on Arch Linux.

My emacs-related Xdefaults settings are :

/* emacs */
emacs*width:                    575
emacs*height:                   915
emacs.ReverseVideo:             on
emacs*geometry:                 80x45--1+0

Do you have hints on how to get my font back ?

Regards,

--
Bastien Durel