Printing from pdf-tools with options

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Printing from pdf-tools with options
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 12:18:08 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to print pdf files (preferably from pdf-tools) using
the lp command.  I know about pdf-tools' C-c C-p
(`pdf-misc-print-document'), but it won't let me do the two things I'd
like to do:

- decide if I want 1-page-per-page or 2-up printing, and/or
- select pages to print.

Both things are easy to accomplish with commandline switches to lp, but
my question is about Emacs interface to this.  (I'd be happy to write
something like this myself - I might even have a few spare minutes to do
that in the next few days - but I don't feel like reinventing the
wheel.)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski