Re: Question mail package

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Question mail package
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:10:15 +0100

On Monday, 30 Mar 2020 at 17:56, Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro wrote:
>   1. Gnus becomes quite slow when handling dozens of thousands of
>      messages;

Yes, maybe, for some backends.  It works just fine with nnml for me with
10s of thousands of emails in some of the groups.

> [1] Running multiple Emacs instances is not an option.

Why not?  I used to do this all the time some years ago when I had to
use an imap mail server on the other side of the planet with large
latency.  I had one instance for gnus and one for everything else.  Just
curious.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.6 on Debian bullseye/sid