Ansi color for term, shell and compile not enabled by default

From: Sébastien G
Subject: Ansi color for term, shell and compile not enabled by default
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 18:33:29 +0200

Actually, the support of ansi color in term, shell and compile is not
enable by default on Emacs.

I know that this can be enabled by simply add minor mode
`ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on` to the hook of the different major
modes you want.

But my question is: Why is it not enabled by default?

Is it buggy or to heavy for some systems?

Thanks :)

PS: This e-mail is not a criticism, I'm really curious to know why. ;)
--
Séb <seb@k-7.ch>