Re: Viminfo for emacs

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Viminfo for emacs
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 11:23:27 -0800

On 4/8/20 6:01 PM, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro wrote:

I have recently put together a barebones terminal
mode emacs with evil as part of a custom config that
starts up at least as fast as vim.
If eventually your Emacs config becomes heavy, the way
to go is running Emacs as a server once at system
start-up and then use emacsclient thereafter.
See (info "(emacs) Emacs Server").
Another way is to invoke Emacs once and then never kill
that instance :)
That is how I handle my gui-based instance of emacs. However, I still like to use midnight command (mc) and I have always liked the way that you can launch vim from mc with the mc option of using a designated system editor. Thus my minimalist instance of emacs with evil acting kind of like a better vim than vim.

--
Tim
tj49.com