Re: The function ‘cl-set-difference’ might not be defined at runtime

From: Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: The function ‘cl-set-difference’ might not be defined at runtime
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 17:59:52 -0300

Em [2020-04-14 ter 22:21:08+0200], Štěpán Němec escreveu:

> Indeed. Works for me, too (with Flycheck, even).
>
> Jorge, are you sure the warning you get is about `cl-set-difference' not
> being defined and not something else?

To placate Flycheck regarding the use of cl-assert, I required
'cl-macs when compiling.  So I had:

< Some defconst invocations >
< One defvar >
< Some other declare-function invocations >
(declare-function cl-set-difference "cl-seq" (list1 list2 &rest cl-keys))
< Some other declare-function invocations >
(eval-when-compile
  (require 'cl-macs))

And I just found out (after trial and error) that the declare-function
of cl-set-difference only placates Flycheck when it comes *after* that
eval-when-compile form.  So I moved the eval-when-compile to the top and
now I have:

(eval-when-compile
  (require 'cl-macs))
< Some defconst invocations >
< One defvar >
< Some other declare-function invocations >
(declare-function cl-set-difference "cl-seq" (list1 list2 &rest cl-keys))

That solved the problem.  I have no idea why, though.

Regards

--
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.