Re: How to get a pinentry box to digitally sign all emails

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: How to get a pinentry box to digitally sign all emails
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:27:40 +0100

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

>>     Sharon> Thanks for replying Robert.
>>
>>     Sharon> I have placed '(setq mml-secure-openpgp-sign-with-sender t)' in
>> my conf
>>     Sharon> file, and its made no difference, still no pinentry box and
>> still not
>>     Sharon> being signed, unfortunately.
>>
>> I assume youʼre getting a different error now?
>>
>> Do you have a setting for epg-pinentry-mode? If not, does it help to
>> do either:
>>
>> (setq epg-pinentry-mode 'ask)
>>
>> or
>>
>> (setq epg-pinentry-mode 'loopback)
>>
> Thanks for replying Robert.
>
> This is what my conf file is showing for signing emails at the moment.

> ;; auto-sign all mail
> ;;(add-hook 'gnus-message-setup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign-pgp)
> ;;(add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign-pgp)
> (setq mml-secure-openpgp-sign-with-sender t
>   ;;    mml-secure-message-sign-pgp t
>       mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender t)
> (setq epg-pinentry-mode 'ask)
>   --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> And just to check, I have 'pinentry-gnome3' installed, but I have just
> installed all 'pinentry-*' packages.
>
> So lets see what happens now then!?

And after rebooting I'm still unable to get the pinentry box popping up,
although this one will be signed because I've manually inserted
'<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>' at the heading off the mail. but
how can I get it appearing automatically without me having to manually
click it in the menus?

Thanks
  Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 10.2, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 27.0.90, org 9.3.6