Re: how to renumber footnotes?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: how to renumber footnotes?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 06:12:18 +0200

Sharon Kimble wrote:

> I have 2 org-mode documents called 'file-a' and
> 'file-b', and both have got several hundred footnotes
> starting with 1. I'm adding file-b on to the end of
> file-a, and trying to renumber the footnotes, so that
> even if file-a has 354 footnotes, and file-b has 421
> footnotes, the whole file renumbers the footnotes and
> continues on from 354 to 355, 356, 357, etc
> and onwards.
>
> But how can I do this please? The org-mode footnote
> program can't do it [...]

Yes, all tho I'm not an org-mode user, I'm pretty sure
it can :) Else that would be plain horrible.

How do you make a reference/footnote in org-mode?
Because if its all good in document A, and all good in
document B, you should be able to just merge A an B into
a new document AB and then get correct footnotes. (here,
merge = find-file AB, yank A, yank B, org-mode does its
thing -> correct footnotes)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573