Re: How to get a pinentry box to digitally sign all emails

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: How to get a pinentry box to digitally sign all emails
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 18:40:31 +0100

>> One of the things that I really miss in emacs-27 is the inability to be
>> able to digitally sign all my emails just before they are sent.
>
> Then please `M-x report-emacs-bug` so we get a chance to fix it before the
> release!

It seems to be the logic associated with finding the signing key.

Setting:

(setq mm-sign-option 'guided)

lets the whole thing work, but you have to use the dialog (which has a
truely horrible UI) that pops up and tell it to use the default key
everytime.

I tried to debug this, but for no reason that I can fathom edebug seems
to fail on the key (pun!) functions.

mml-secure-select-preferred-keys
mml-secure-find-usable-keys

Robert, Sharon could you try the "mm-sign-option". I am curious to see
if this is the same bug.

Phil