http://yewtu.be

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: http://yewtu.be
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 06:29:04 +0200

Some people don't want to follow plain YouTube
hyperlinks as then "Google gets to know".

Personally, I don't really care what Google knows about
my YouTubing, as long as I don't have to deal with
YouTube's web interface (and this doesn't even require
explicit downloading nowadays, thru mpv(1) which is
a bliss, tho under the hood it uses youtube-dl(1)), but
OTOH I like to post YouTube URLs from Emacs-w3m to ERC
buffers, if you, err, FOLLOW!

So I wrote this so that them paranoid I mean
privacy minded people can also feel good about
it :)

Let's see how long it works before they change
something...

(require 'erc-compat)
(require 'w3m)

(defun ytb ()
  (interactive)
  (let*((url w3m-current-url)
        (ytb (erc-replace-regexp-in-string
             "https://www\\.youtube\\.com/watch\\?v=";
             "http://yewtu.be/";
             url) ))
    (kill-new (format "< %s | %s >" url ytb)) ))

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573