Re: two column mode ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: two column mode ?
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 13:40:42 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the two
>> column mode triggered by C-x 6 2. What is the
>> difference with C-x 5 2 ?
>
> Did you read the section in the Emacs manual that
> describes this mode? I think it answers your question.

Does it also address all the drawbacks with this format?

While certainly a technical tour de force _and_ I'm 100%
supportive of the all-freedom notion to do whatever one
likes with one's editor and files, it still makes sense
to have text as plain as "text/plain; charset=us-ascii"
and then do formatting and/or post-processing with
whatever tools one prefers, be it HTML or LaTeX or groff
or for that matter no markup whatsoever, just an
external layer of computing to fit anyone's and
everyone's preferences for the intended purpose?

Data wants to be data!

Still, again bows and HATS OFF for this technical
wizardry from author Daniel Pfeiffer and other
contributors to two-column.el.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573