emacs 26.3 strange error

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: emacs 26.3 strange error
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 16:11:04 -0400

On archlinux, I'm in my home directory and edit a file with emacs.  At the
top of the screen I read error jdashiel has no home directory.  My
username on the local computer where this file is being edited is jude
however my gnus set up has jdashiel in it since the username on where I
get most email from and newsgroups reading has jdashiel as its username.
How should this error be cleared properly?