Re: two column mode ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: two column mode ?
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 18:49:13 +0900

Sorry I just realized that I had unsubbed myself a while ago and did not find
your replies but on the web earlier today.

So.

@Eli

No, reading the manual did not help, hence my question, but your reply that I
should read the manual did suggest that I had missed something important and I
went back to the manual and it looks like this mode is for editing a file that
has 2 (or more ?) columns, or to add a column to an existing file.

I have never seen such a file in text format so the purpose was not obvious.

Also, I tried a number of things (C-x 6 2, type in the new window, C-x 6 1,
merge) but not much happened so I'm a bit lost...

What are the use cases for this feature set ?