Re: emacs ispell error on windows10 with hunspell

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs ispell error on windows10 with hunspell
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 18:05:23 +0300

> From: 刘虎 <richardliu.sdlw@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 12:07:52 +0800
>
> Inspired by your answer,I think my problem may be caused by the wrong
> placement of hunspell dictionary files, so I copied the dictionary
> files " en_US.aff"
> and "en_US.dic "  to the dictionary C:/Hunspell. And I retyped hunspell -D
> in cmd and get the following reply:
> [image: image.png]

If you read the error message carefully, you will see that Hunspell
complains about the "default" dictionary, not about the en_US
dictionary.  So you should copy en_US.dic to default.dic and en_US.aff
to default.aff in the same C:\Hunspell directory, and your problem
should be solved.

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error
> "D:/Install/hunspell/src/tools/hunspell.exe did not output version line")
>   signal(error ("D:/Install/hunspell/src/tools/hunspell.exe did not output
> version line"))

What does the following display, if you type the command from the
Windows cmd.exe shell prompt?

  D:\Install\hunspell\src\tools\hunspell.exe -vv