Re: update Emacs

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: update Emacs
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 09:50:05 +0200

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Speaking of this, /etc/apt/sources.list don't get
> a pretty font-lock anymore. IINM this was once in the
> emacs-goodies-el (Debian) pack but that must have
> changed since I have it.

Have you tried debian-el?

https://packages.debian.org/buster/debian-el

>From what I can read on packages.debian.org, up until Debian stretch it
was indeed generated from the emacs-goodies-el source package, though
AFAICT there was no dependency (/recommendation/suggestion) between the
binary packages debian-el and emacs-goodies-el.

(I'm on OpenSUSE here, so trying it out will be somewhat involved.)