Re: MIME issue: can't set encoding on mail or mml-to-mime

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: MIME issue: can't set encoding on mail or mml-to-mime
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 09:52:07 +0200

Hi Radu, emacs users,
* Radu Butoi <rbutoi@gmail.com> [2020-05-05; 17:39]:
> Hello all,
>
> Following the message and MIME manuals, I want to change the
> `Content-Transfer-Encoding` on outgoing mail to quoted-printable [1].

My understanding is that quoted-printable is used if the
message for some reason does not fit the rfc.  So if you
send an email with lines exeeding the length limit of the
rfc your helpful MUA will encode your email.  This email
hopefully proves this point.

How about a paragraph which consists only of a single long line which is much
longer than the maximum length the RFC allows for transportation?  Surely the
MUA will reformat this somehow?  This line length limit might be well above
1000 charactzers, so we have to fill this space somehow.  How about repetition:
[...]

Ciao; Gregor
--