Re: How to diff (La)TeX files

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: How to diff (La)TeX files
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 13:29:17 +0200

On 2020-05-09, at 12:08, Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski [2020-05-09T10:38:01+02] wrote:
>
>> when I diff LaTeX files, I get "double font-lock" - both AucTeX's and
>> diff's. How would I turn off AUCTeX's font-lock?
>
> (setq TeX-install-font-lock 'ignore)

Thanks, but I'm afraid you misunderstood me.  I _do_ want font lock in
my AUCTeX buffers.  I don't want it when diffing LaTeX files (since they
become completely unreadable with all the colors then).

Bonus points if I could easily turn TeX font-lock on and off, leaving
the diff font-lock on all the time.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski