beginning-of-line with toggle-truncate-lines

From: edgar
Subject: beginning-of-line with toggle-truncate-lines
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 02:27:46 +0000

Hello. I am trying to move to the visual beginning-of-line. If I set toggle-truncate-lines, I get something which *looks* like a paragraph, instead of a chopped line. For example:

  My text is chopped in the middle
  of the text like this %%

without toggle-truncate-lines, I would have to scroll past the end of the screen. I will now use |·| as the indicator for my point. If I hit C-a, when I am here:

  My text is chopped in the middle
  of the text like this %%|·|

My point goes to the real beginning of the line (which looks like a paragraph on my screen).

  |·|My text is chopped in the middle
  of the text like this %%

I want to know if there is a command to go to the visual beginning of the line:

  My text is chopped in the middle
  |·|of the text like this %%

Thanks!

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse@vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!