Killed: 9

From: Brian White
Subject: Killed: 9
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 15:50:17 -0500

To whom it concerns,

I am a novice emacs user. I installed emacs via macports a couple of years ago.
Everything has been fine for the last couple of years. After a recent Xcode
update, I keep getting a 'Killed: 9' message when issuing the emacs command via
terminal. I’ve uninstalled Xcode and reinstalled, uninstalled emacs and
reinstalled, uninstalled command line tools and reinstalled, and even
reinstalled macOS. Other than a complete erase and install, I don’t know what
to do next. I also run emacs on a new MacBook Pro with the latest macport
version and up-to-date Xcode with no problems.

Specs:

iMac (21.5-inch late 2013)
macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Xcode 11.5
Command Line Tools: 11.5 (11E608c)

emacs @26.3_6 (via macports)

I can’t seem to find anything online that helps.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian