Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 07:55:07 +0200

Hi all,

does anyone here perform translations within Emacs?  Do you know of any
tools facilitating that?  There exist a few CATs, or Computer Aided
Translation systems, but - AFAIK - they are all proprietary and closed
source.  Emacs seems capable of implementing at least a simple CAT, but
I could not find any existing solutions for that.  (I skimmed through
the answers here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/a35bs2/emacs_for_translations/,
but did not find anything useful.)

The first thing I would need is a way to highlight the "currently
translated sentence" in the other window, where I would keep the
original text, with an easy way to highlight the next/previous one -
this seems very easy to do, but did anyone actually code anything like
this?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski