Re: Weird behavior with magit re. frames

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Weird behavior with magit re. frames
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 20:50:47 +0200

On Sun, May 31 2020, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
I don't know how to reproduce that in emacs -Q because I don't know how to load magit from emacs -Q,

Use emacs-sandbox.sh:

https://github.com/alphapapa/emacs-sandbox.sh

It's set up with Melpa and Org Elpa, so all it requires is a `M-x package-install RET magit RET` and then a `(require 'magit)` in `*scratch*` or an IELM buffer.

It runs the `emacs` binary that's on your path but does so with `$HOME` set to a temp location. It isn't a sandbox in the sense that it's completely isolated from your system, but it doesn't touch your own Emacs config.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments