Re: Is font fallback slow over X11/ssh?

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Is font fallback slow over X11/ssh?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 20:24:28 +0300

No, in the sense that @yuri.v.khan@gmail.comʼs one is more thorough than mine.

> Have you tried to *disable* the `x` fontBackend instead?

Yes, in fact due to bug#25216 this is my normal setup.

        ! https://bugs.gnu.org/25216
        Emacs.fontBackend: xft,ftcrhb

Why _it_ could help, I wonder now?

P. S. Hint: If youʼd like to get a prompter reply, it may be useful to actually
address a person while addressing him.  ;-)