Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 08:43:00 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> x commercial → professional, if you don't mind :)
> OmegaT is very much a professional tool and
> certainly not a "commercial" one. [...]

OK, so this is what it is all about, it is having
a database of translations and then an algorithm that
searches that.

Other than that, one needs a pretty simple interface
that applies all that (DB + search), with the
sentences in the source langauge as indata - the
outdata is the translation suggestions found in
the DB.

And if there are no hits the translator types the
translation and then this in turn gets inserted into
the database...

Sounds very boring, virtually using a click-and-play
application, I would much rather just read and type.
But I suppose that isn't efficient enough this day
and age?

But as for this discussion how to do it, it suddenly
becomes a question of using Emacs (the interface) to
use OmegaT's resources (DB + search)...

But count me out...

--
underground experts united