Re: toc on one side, contents on the other ?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: toc on one side, contents on the other ?
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 13:34:50 -0700

>> I'm trying to keep an org file TOC in one window and send narrowed buffers to
>> another window, but I can't seem to find how to do that with vanilla
>> org/emacs.
>
> Maybe `narrow-indirect.el' will help - dunno.
>
> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/NarrowIndirect
>
> You may also need to fiddle with `display-buffer-alist'
> or whatever, to get buffers shown where you want them - dunno.

Or the org-toc package seems to do this, or almost this. I don't know
if it counts as "vanilla", but it's part of the org-plus-contrib
package.

It doesn't seem to do a narrowing thing by default, but I'll bet it
wouldn't be hard to add.

Actually, thanks for reminding me this exists! It's pretty useful.