Re: toc on one side, contents on the other ?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: toc on one side, contents on the other ?
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 14:32:17 +0100

On Sunday,  7 Jun 2020 at 13:25, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> The way windows popup randomly all over the place and the original
> layout is never restored is a major annoyance in emacs and this
> package is no exception.

There's never a solution to this problem that would satisfy all
unfortunately!

My own solution is to have a frame for each different working area so I
don't have to worry about window arrangements generally.  E.g. I have
one frame for gnus, one or more for agenda (& related), and one each for
any documents I may be working on (code or org or both).

It helps to use a tiling window manager... but YMMV of course!

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.7 on Debian bullseye/sid