Mail folders and searches

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Mail folders and searches
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:12:31 +0300

Marvin ‘quintus’ Gülker [2020-06-10T10:40:53+02] wrote:

> I simply do not feel comfortable with thinking of my mail as entirely
> search-based. Folder filing is more intuitive to me, [...]

The folder feel in Notmuch Emacs comes from named searches. They look
like folders and have user-chosen names except that they really trigger
configured searches.

Obviously you choose what is comfortable for you and Gnus is an
excellent choice. I just wanted to say that I like folder interface too.
The difference between Notmuch Emacs and concrete folder systems is that
in Notmuch the actual mail files don't need to be in similar concrete
file system directories.

--
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. http://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/