Re: Compiling a recursive macro

From: Douglas Lewan
Subject: Re: Compiling a recursive macro
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 18:21:55 -0400

On 6/11/20 5:55 PM, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
Douglas Lewan <d.lewan2000@gmail.com> writes:

The macro itself has to establish a new variable for each buffer in
the tree of buffers.
Are these variables buffer-local?  If not - could you use an alist with
buffers being the keys instead and save that in one variable?  Why do
you want one declared variable per buffer?
They are buffer-local. Definition of such a variable spans the tree of buffers in question. I suppose I could just define them in the root buffer, but then I'd also need to use a specialized getter instead of the variable itself. The latter definitely seems preferable to me. If there's a way to do this with emacs lisp's natural scoping, I'm more than happy to learn.

--
,Doug
d.lewan2000@gmail.com

If this is what winning looks like, I'd hate to see what losing is.