Re: Opening multiple files in a single buffer?

From: Douglas Lewan
Subject: Re: Opening multiple files in a single buffer?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 11:36:28 -0400

On 6/13/20 11:21 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 02:31:52PM +0000, Gregory Heytings wrote:
Dear List,

I've now been using Emacs for many, many years, and there is perhaps
a single feature I'm really missing, namely opening more than one
file in a single buffer, with the contents of the files appearing
one after the other in the same buffer, with some kind of visual
separator between them. I don't know if that feature exists in other
text editors.
Would "insert-file" (bound to C-x i) do what you want?

Cheers
-- t
For what he wants, that wouldn't handle multiple modes very easily. I also assume that there's a desire to be able to save back to the original files again which would require more work.

--
,Doug
d.lewan2000@gmail.com

If this is what winning looks like, I'd hate to see what losing is.