Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:46:55 +0200

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

>> In emacs-cat-highlight-next-sentence:
>> emacs-cat.el:57:4:Warning: Use ‘with-current-buffer’
>>     rather than save-excursion+set-buffer
>
> I know about this one, and it looks like a bug in
> the compiler

Yeah? Why do you think so? I was rather impressed it
could detect and give such an advanced suggestion :)

I posted a question in a subthread (was: ...) why the
`recenter' stuff didn't work, maybe
`with-current-buffer' does something that screws that
up...

The byte compiler is in Elisp so maybe there is
a comment in the code or something where they
motivate why they give that warning or provide
pointer to further reading...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573