Rmail Problem

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Rmail Problem
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2020 00:27:06 +0100

I'm having some problems with Rmail and perhaps with Movemail.

I recently upgraded my computer.  I upgraded Emacs with it, and changed the
distro I use.

Since I did that Rmail sometimes gets stuck with particular emails.  There are
some that it can't remove from my inbox.  It refuses to proceed after that.  I
then have to go to my webmail and delete the email from there.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

I'm using Emacs 26.3 and GNU Mailutils 3.9.  I only use the following
configuration:

(setq rmail-primary-inbox-list
      (cons (concat "pop://"
                    "email address"
                    "password"
                    "@mymailserver.com")
            nil))

Some emails cause the problem every few days.  For the bad email I got
most recently it says the following in my messages buffer:

> Getting mail from the remote server...
> movemail: cannot append message 1: Malformed email address
> (No new mail has arrived)

There is nothing wrong with the email address that I can see, it's a
normal x@y.com address.  I have tried using both the pop protocol and the imaps
protocol.  I've also tried using Emacs movemail which gives me the error
"movemail: Usage: movemail [-p] inbox destfile".

Is this a movemail problem or an Emacs problem?

BR,
Robert Thorpe