Re: mu4e: configuring SMTP (was: [SOLVED] Re: How to subtract timestamp

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: mu4e: configuring SMTP (was: [SOLVED] Re: How to subtract timestamp in elisp?)
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 05:48:26 +0300

stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your help.

You are welcome.

>> P. S. Sending mail ‘From: …@gmail.com’ right from your home machine is a
>> best way to send it straight to junk folder. ;-) Use smtp.gmail.com.
>
> I used to realized my email always go into Gmail junk, can't find out the
> reason. I guess you just solved my long time issue. I'm using Emacs mu4e
> package. I will Google how to use SMTP server in mu4e.

You have not done that so far, as I see [0].  Any issues?  I have never used
mu4e, but it should not be really different from any other Emacs-based MUAs,
such as Gnus:

        (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
              message-send-mail-function send-mail-function
              smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com"
              smtpmail-stream-type 'ssl ; TLS really, was nil means STARTTLS or
cleartext
              smtpmail-smtp-service "smtps"     ; SMTP/TLS, was 25 == "smtp"
              smtpmail-smtp-user "numbchild")

Passphrases are supposed to be stored in ~/.authinfo.gpg by default, but Emacs
supports pass(1)-compatible storage too.  See (info "(auth) Help for users").

Or, if you need a sendmail(8)-compatible submission agent for some reason, take
a look at msmtp(1).

[0] <878sfx1kq0.fsf@gmail.com>