Re: Using Emacs for commercial purposes

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Using Emacs for commercial purposes
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 15:31:49 +0200

Dear Tyler,

tylercstrouth@gmail.com writes:

[...]

> I am in the process of starting my own business and I am wondering, if
> it is fine to use Emacs within my business for commercial purposes?

Yes, under specific conditions (see below): this is not Emacs specific
but is common to all free software.

In general, you are free to use the software for any purpose.

If you modify Emacs (or any Emacs package) you must comply to the terms
of the licence.

See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License#Use_of_licensed_software
for general information about freedom of use of GNU GPL licnsed free software

[...]

Happy hacking! Gio'

--
Giovanni Biscuolo