Re: N-key rollover keyboards

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: N-key rollover keyboards
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 21:17:42 +0300

Yes.  https://www.bing.com/search?q=key+ghosting

> Does this mean these apparently problematic combinations require N-key
> rollover?

No, not necessary.  Much cheaper redesign of a circuit would suffice.

> I am also using org-mode with several multiple-key chords.  I cannot remember
> any instance where these have been a problem.

So, evidently, either your keyboards are not affected or youʼve just never
bumped into affected chords.  Do an exhaustive check, if you are concerned:

        (while t
          (let ((key (read-key)))
            (message "%s: ok\n" (format-kbd-macro (vector key)))
            (when (eql ?\C-g key) (keyboard-quit))))