Re: N-key rollover keyboards

From: 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE
Subject: Re: N-key rollover keyboards
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 22:12:30 -0500

On 2020-08-04 at 20:25:17 +0300,
Dmitry Alexandrov <dag@gnui.org> wrote:

> 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE@potatochowder.com wrote:
> > On 2020-08-03 at 14:48:34 -0700,
> > Alan Davis <alan3davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a similar tool that can be used in bash?
> >
> > There's xev, but the output is not nearly as concise.
>
> xev has nothing to do with Bash.
>
> > xev is in a package called xorg-apps
>
> Exactly!  It creates an X window and thus is absolutely unsuitable for
> testing what your terminal recognizes / intercepts.

The OP mentioned i3, an X window manager, more than once, and
specifically used the phrase "terminal emulator," which usually means an
X application that emulates a terminal.  I agree that xev can't test
exactly what your terminal receives, but it can tell you what the X
server saw from the keyboard, and could provide clues as to which key
combinations are or aren't getting to the applications.